Fontitin: Font and character viewer. With a difference.
Fontitin is a font and character viewer for Windows. Explore fonts. Examine their character repertoire. Detect missing characters. Find new symbols on your PC. Pick the best font for your job. Look into character sets.
Dig deep into the fonts installed on your PC. View characters by Unicode block, script or codepage. Check which of your fonts support all the characters you need. Understand which characters your favorite font doesn't support. Compare fonts to find characters appearing in one font but not in the other. List fonts that support selected characters while leaving out those fonts that don't. Click a strange character to get more information on its use.
With Fontitin you can
||which characters exist in a font, and which characters are missing
which fonts support the characters you need
||the character you need but you don't know where it is
new symbols already installed on your PC
||characters by script: Latin, Cyrillic, Greek, Arabic, Hebrew etc.
characters by Unicode block or codepage
all special letters required in a foreign language (á, ä, å, …)
all fonts supporting wanted letters, such as arrows, dingbats or diacritic letters of your language
||character coverage of different fonts
a font to standard character sets
||characters totally missing from your PC
missing letters by language
||about Unicode and fonts
about the meaning of Chinese and Japanese characters
||character lists and tables
You need Fontitin if
- you use fonts
- you write text with symbols and special letters
- you design web pages with special characters
- you need to locate a working font for a piece of gibberish
- you design fonts
- View character tables by Unicode block or script.
- View character tables for a codepage, including PC, EBCDIC, Mac and ISO codepages.
- View special characters of more than 100 languages.
- View characters sets of various standards and glyph lists.
- View new characters in each new Unicode version.
- View all characters of a font, including Private Use Area characters and rarely used Planes 1–16.
- View character lists with full description of each character.
- List fonts that support selected block, script, codepage, standard or wanted character.
- List missing characters, ones that don't exist on your PC.
- Compare 2 or 3 fonts with each other, differences highlighted.
- Rank fonts by number of characters supported: total characters, wanted characters.
Try & buy
Download and try Fontitin now. Free functional font and character viewer.
Each license covers one user and 2 computers.
Fontitin supports TrueType and OpenType fonts. It runs on Windows 7 and later. Windows XP may also work.
Updates: Minor updates are free within one major version number (1.xx -> 1.yy).
Fontitin samples and screenshots
Related articles: Character sets and codepages