PL/SQL and Ada flow charts
Visustin generates flow charts from PL/SQL and Ada source code.
- PL/SQL support is compatible with Oracle Database 12c and previous versions.
- Ada support is built according to Ada 95 (ISO/IEC standard 8652:1995). It is our understanding that it also works with Ada 83 but we have not verified it. If you require Ada 83 support, please experiment with the demo and report any findings to us. If the same code would run differently on Ada 83 and 95, Visustin assumes it is Ada 95.
Supported PL/SQL and Ada statements
The syntax of PL/SQL and Ada is quite similar. The following statements are supported.
- loop, for..loop, while..loop
- exit, exit..when
- continue, continue..when (PL/SQL)
- select (Ada parallel execution)
- accept (Ada)
- forall (PL/SQL)
- << label >> and label:
- pragma (shown as comment)
Other statements are supported as well but they are handled as simple statements with no control flow effect. For example, a PL/SQL SELECT and an Ada delay are displayed "as is", as a single statement.
The following procedural units are visualized:
- Ada procedure, function, task body, entry.
- PL/SQL procedure, function, trigger, package body.
Notice that the PL/SQL CREATE PROCEDURE|FUNCTION|TRIGGER statements are visualized independent of the control flow they are part of. Thus, PL/SQL code that creates several procedures (functions, triggers) does not look like a single control flow but like several procedures.
- All statements must be terminated by a semicolon (;), otherwise the visualization goes out of sync. If in trouble, try pasting only the code between BEGIN..END;
- The inner structure of SQL statements such as SELECT, UPDATE and INSERT is not visualized. These statements contain no explicit control flow, which is a typical feature and benefit of SQL.
PL/SQL is not SQL PL
Visustin supports Oracle PL/SQL. It does not support SQL PL for IBM DB2, however. These are different languages, even though there are similarities in both the name and the syntax. Write us if you require support.
©Aivosto Oy – Visustin Help