Fontitin v1 – Font and character viewer for Windows
Copyright 2015 Aivosto Oy, Finland
What is Fontitin?
Fontitin is a font and character viewer for Windows. Fontitin shows the characters of each font, and the characters that are missing. Fontitin is fully compatible with state-of-the art fonts and Unicode.
With Fontitin you can
Learn about fonts and characters
- Find out which characters exist in a font
- Find out which characters are missing in a font
- Find out which fonts support the characters you need
- Learn to use different Unicode characters
- Locate a Unicode character that you know exists, but you don't know where
List and print characters
- Print character tables and lists
- List characters by Unicode block
- List characters by script: Latin, Cyrillic, Greek, Arabic, Hebrew etc.
- List characters by codepage: Windows, DOS, ISO, EBCDIC etc.
Tackle language issues
- Find special letters and diacritics required by foreign languages
- List fonts that fully support your language, including all special letters
- Determine which languages a given font supports
- Determine which letters are missing for proper language support
- Compare character coverage of 2 or 3 different fonts
- Compare dingbats and symbols across fonts
Check technical font issues
- Check font coverage by Unicode version
- Check font glyph list coverage: Adobe, Windows, Multilingual European Subset
- Verify fonts against technical standards and glyph lists
Fontitin v1 Help